Last Updated: December 3rd, 2012
Free-mo does not set standards for additional equipment required for setups. To insure that all attending a setup can enjoy operations, it is recommended that all members provide the following equipment during setups.
Each member operating during an operating setup will supply the following for their own use. Borrowing equipment is allowed but only at the discretion of the owner of the equipment. CenterTrak will not own any equipment for members to use aside from the DCC Boosters and programming throttle.
- Clamps. Each member should provide a minimum of two clamps per module. For multi-section modules, an additional two clamps per section should be provided unless some other clamping mechanism is installed (Norse Cam Lock Type III recommended).
- Throttle. Each member shall provide a utility throttle for their own use. Digitrax UT4 or UT4D Recommended. Simplex Radio is not currently supported
- Radio. Each member shall provide an FRS radio for their own use. It is recommended to purchase a pair of radios and have both charged to avoid charging or battery changes during an operating setup.
- December 3rd, 2012: Removed restriction on programming throttles, added clamps section.
- March 26th, 2012: Separated “Rolling Stock” standards.
- April 6th, 2010: Note about “Duplex” added
- December 6th, 2011: Added to Web Site